Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Dreams Do Come True

Do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life.  Sure sounds good but how many people really accomplish this?  I'm hoping to be one of those people.

My job is okay but it's not my passion.  My passion has always been creating things with my hands.  I can sew a costume in a night, refinish a dining table in a weekend, create jewelry on a fly but never thought about turning it into a career, until now that is.

I saw how popular the pillowcase dress was but they all looked the same.  I wanted mine to be different, stand out.  I set mine apart by making detachable flowers and glued cute centers in them.  They were an instant hit!  Women would joke about wearing them and then my daughter asked "why not make them for women?"  She has to wear a plain white shirt to work and said she would love to have something to dress it up. That's how Blingin Blooms was created.

Now we're working together and while I still work my day job, at night I get to work on my dream job.  It's not work though, it's a dream come true.  

Check us out on www.blinginblooms.etsy.com


1 comment:

  1. hi, just dropped back by to say hello and to see what you are creating! Have a good week. blessings,Kathleen

    ReplyDelete